View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #33 (permalink)
unplugged1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kids on Evo 4G, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus, iPhone 4S, and I use the Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaainz View Post
I went thru two updates and my phone is working perfectly.

The first time, I got a downloading symbol like what we normally see when we download an app. It finished in a couple of minutes, if that.

It then said I had an update available for download (seemed like the same one). I accepted it, it warned me to do nothing with the phone until it was done.

This time, my screen went black except for a green sync symbol and a timeline/loading symbol. It went thru several half-boots with the screen going black multiple times.

It finally rebooted completely and I got a "update successfully applied" or something like that.

I wonder if people are bricking their phones because they're not waiting for the full update and reboot to take place.

EDIT: Oh, and after my second update, I was not offered the update again. I suspect the first update is possibly the HTC update and the second the Sprint Firmware.
There are far too many instances of people bricking phones on the second update for anyone to even suggest, as you do, that it is fine to update their Evo a second time.

The FACT is that there are at least ten of our members who have BRICKED their Evo on the second update. DO NOT DO A SECOND UPDATE!!!

There is NO firmware update. And if there was, it is NOT a software update.

Again: If you do a second update you will BRICK your phone.
Last edited by unplugged1; June 28th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.