View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
unplugged1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kids on Evo 4G, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus, iPhone 4S, and I use the Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaainz View Post
I am not advocating people try a second update. Don't put words in my mouth. I was clearly stating that I did do a second update and suffered no problems other than having to replace some app/widgets on my homescreens.

I posted my comment, describing what my phone displayed during both updates so we might find out why my phone succeeded and yours failed.

Oh, and as to why people might try a second update, why did you try it? Answer, we didn't hear the full information about the update. I updated my phone before seeing your posts.

I'm still curious as to whether you let the phone complete it's cycle of half-reboots before you touched the phone/controls. Perhaps by messing with it too soon, you might have caused the brick-up?
Fair enough. I too would like to hear if anyone did anything to their Evo during the second update.

My phone is not bricked. After seeing two instances of bricking in the upgrade thread, I put out this warning about the possibility of bricking. Since then, we have discovered major problems with the bricking of phones and there does not seem to be any particular action other than attempting a second update. Certainly, if anyone did anything to their Evo during the second update, it would be good to know.