View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #47 (permalink)
Roze
Hiding behind a mystery

Device(s): Moto Atrix [lovin'] Nexus One [Lost] LG Vu [Lost]
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitxboi View Post
reading an e-book, MSN app, so interacting with the touchscreen and keeping the screen 'awake' all the time, the apps may not be a MAJOR battery hog, but maybe the consequent use of them is.
By the way, I think GPS only activates when an app that requests some location is active
Yes, but this is how I regularly use my phone for and it'll last around 16 hours...now it's 5 hours with the same activity. I'm going to uninstall some more apps...I'm still thinking there's an app that's not playing nicely with 2.2.

An oddity I noticed last night, that it seemed the battery was still charging even though it was 100% full...when I had it plugged in (after it is fully charged), the phone was still REALLY hot (around 40 degrees). This has never happened to me before, when I left it plugged in (after being charged). I'm not sure if it's still charging...but it FELT like it was. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Many thanks,
Roze