July 16th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Back on my throne!!!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Olympus, Back on the throne!!!
Device(s): HTC Incredible 4G, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Retired), Motorola Droid (Reti
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 391 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by johnlgalt
The interesting thing is that, if you click the compatibility tab on it, it only shows the DROID X - kinda weird, actually.
Also, for even more S&G, check out this comparison I did at the Motorola site: Mobile Phones - Motorola USA
Some key things to note:
- DROID lists digital zoom of 4X, DROID X does not
- DROID lists OGG, AMR WB, AMR NB and MIDI as playable formats, DROID X does not
- DROID list Google Talk for IM, DROID X does not (of course this point is moot since you can get it from market, right?)
- DROID lists IMAP, POP3 and Attachment and browser document viewer (M$ Office and Adobe PDF), DROID X does not
- DROID does not come with Need for Speed Shift, DROID X does.
Of course there is the onboard memory, the wireless N capabilities, and such bells and whistles on the DROID X, but it is missing the physical KB as well.
Anyhoo, now that I am done with the tangential part of my post, let me get to the point:
phones show supporting up to 32GB. So why doesn't VZW list the DROID as an option? Trying to scare people into buying a totally useless locked eFused phone as an upgrade b/c the average Joe Blow won't know that the DROID also supports 32GB microSDHC cards?
That too is interesting. Maybe that particular micro sd card is locked down by Verizon and Motorola as well.
Please, read the Site Rules/Guidelines
Modify your phone at your own risk! Always backup!