View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
hakujin
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Still rocking the venerable - Heroc w/ Jaybob's v2.3.7 Gingerbread
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsapAndroid View Post
I tried the proximity sensor app and found that it sucked. I also found that my Hero is easy enough to use without one. Personally, I'm OK with not having it. As to why they chose to leave it out, perhaps the head honchos realized as well that it is truly not very necessary.
That's not a proximity sensor, it's a hackneyed light sensor app that emulates proximity, sort of. Anyway, I'm OK with not having it too, but seems nonsensical to leave it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatonka_Hero View Post
It's also entirely possible that there wasn't enough room in the Hero's case for one...or does HTC just not bother with proximity sensors? Is there one in the Eris, the N1, the Incredible, or the Evo? I really have no idea if there is or not, as I haven't looked it up lol
Hmmm... that sounds like a legitimate reason, and maybe HTC does have an aversion to proximity sensors... will have to investigate, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtime View Post
In the 8 months or so I have my Hero I have never once thought "Man, I could really use a proximity sensor" Its a non issue, at least for me anyway.
Glad to hear that.