View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #68 (permalink)
Super Noob

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Noob View Post
I had a bad and good BB experience. My micro USB port wasn't working and I was on day 28 of my trial period. The bb store I got mine from told me it would take up to 30 days for repair and they couldnt exchange it because they wouldn't have any more for a few weeks.

A friend told me you don't have to go to the same store you bought it from. I called the one closer to my house and the woman on the phone gave me a hard time. I told them I didn't want to send it in for repairs because I still had 2 days left to return it.

I didn't like what she had to say so I said let me speak to the manager, and she replied 'i am the manager'. I told her if she's the best they got then I'm screwed. I think she took it personally. She said let me have your number and I'll get back to you.

10 minutes later I got a call and was told to go to the store I originally got it from and they will take care of me. After I got their, I got a brand new evo and they also got me a zagg screen protector.

This was yesterday, so I'm installing my backups from my pc still. It sucks because the first store lied to my face, well to my ear since it was over the phone, but in the end I'm happy.

PS:
I used App Dragon to make a list of all of my apps and then it emailed the list to me. I also used Appsinstaller to back up my apps. In case I forgot to back up an app, I have an email to remind me what apps I had.
I got a surprise call from the manager at BB and asked me if I was taken care of. I told her everything went great and I got another Evo and also thanked her from helping me out.

She reminded me about my negative comment about her being the best they had. I thanked her for what she did, and also told her I thought it was odd the other BB found an Evo even though they weren't going to have any for a few weeks. She didn't respond to that part, but I'll shop at BB again.