View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #83 (permalink)
pb pedis

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by J03 View Post
Just to let you know. The reason they gave you a refurb on the spot was because it was a factory defect. The insurances had nothing to do with it. The insurance is for an accidental breakage or lost/stolen phone. If its a defect you bring it to sprint for the first year. You dont need insurance for defects.

How you should really compare the plans is for accidental damage.

BB- 10/mo, no deductible, 3-4 weeks for repair or replace with new. Does not cover loss or theft.

Sprint - 7/mo, $100 deductible. Quicker repair or replace with refurb. Covers loss or theft.

Perhaps, but I wonder why BB didn't do an exchange for the factory defect? They're the retailer I bought the phone from, not Sprint? Maybe two reasons why not: they don't keep refurbished phones in stock, and they don't handle manufacturer warranties directly.

Either way, I think the following points related to the Sprint plan are the reason I got the refurbished unit, and it has nothing to do with the manufacturers warranty:

Equipment Service and Repair Program:
  • Provides coverage for mechanical or electrical failure, routine maintenance or failure from normal wear and tear.
  • No additional out-of-pocket charges to repair or replace your malfunctioning device