View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
LiamSHepard

Device(s): Samsung T939
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissentologist View Post
I'm sorry I just awoke out of my 3 year slumber. Since illegal warrantless wiretaps... what part of the constitution changed?

And while ur at it what opposition party could be so weak to let one man bully himself to commander in chief?

Just curious :-)
OK, I should rephrase not changed just ignored. The easiest, current, and one of the most controversial would be the requirement to carry health insurance.
Since when has the constitution stated that it is fine for the government to tell consumers what they must own. Perhap's FDR changed policy when he was in office pressing his "New Deal." Not to get into awhole other argument, this the bill does have some good points. Like allowing small businesses to get together to get lower premiums.

A lot of underhanded things happened and are happening as well as a lot of nothing (note any approval poll). The president himself stated that he would "force" thing to go his way. To name one, he did state that any medical personel refusing to perform abortions based on religious or moral views could be fired. Also, check his responses to the guy in charge of Louisiana regarding the whole BP incident. He has blocked every attempt made to fix the problem in that state. If this is not bullying or forcing, I do not know what is.
Based on what I have seen so far, I can only speculate as to what was done during elections.
Perhaps, you have some examples as to what he did not do to bully his way?
Acronyms are the devil's work. Avoid them at all cost.