View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
2FR35H

Device(s): Google Nexus S, moto Zn5 as a back up
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl1119 View Post
Honestly ever since switching to a touchscreen phone I have not used my phone camera a whole lot. In the time it takes to push an unlock button, swipe something on the screen, open the camera app, then snap the picture what I wanted to take a picture of is long past. In that time I can just get my Rebel T1i and have a picture 3x the resolution. Flash or no flash.

Its not like it was on my old Sony phone with the kodak camera where I could snap a picture with the press of one button. I only use my camera for quick candid pictures and these days phone pics take planning.

The software on the Vibrant is great as a flash replacement and actually better when taking pictures outside at night. I will agree.
Well ever since I had a touchscreen smartphone I used the camera feature less as well but its not due to laziness its the fact that android has so much to offer that you forget about the camera. Before bh2 I came from a Motozine it was absolutely amazing at taking pics, 5mp kodak camera with xenon flash. Thats all it was good for doing though aside from web searching but it was mobile web searching and we all know that doesn't compare. The games sucked.

Quick pics are definitely best with actual camera's, I mainly take profile pics with my phones, with an actual camera I capture moments.