View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2010, 11:42 AM   #35 (permalink)
werkem

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOfIce View Post
I will never understand why someone would call about a hardware problem. Why not just take it into the repair center?
more details of story for u

so the charging port on my phone is loose like other people. I went to a REPAIR CENTER ... the guy said "looks like water damage to me". Granted I have never dropped my phone or spilled water or anything on it. I said man this guy doesnt know what he is talking about I leave. I go to another sprint store and have someone look at it (not a repair store), he says the port is look take it to a repair store. So I return to the original repair store I went to first, and got another guy to look at my phone. He said "I don't see any signs of water damage dont know why he said that", and begins to go into the system. Well w/o me knowing the 1st guy marked my phone as defective with water damage, so the repair center couldnt do anything but point me to insurance. Granted 2 other people said it was port. So then i CALLED sprint to get it sorted out.

The solution now is to get anothe repair center tech to update my account and say there is no water damage and then sprint will send me a replacement phone w/o having to warranty it
The Following User Says Thank You to werkem For This Useful Post:
star2011 (June 12th, 2011)