As per requests I have started a new thread. I would like a few people to test it out and see if they can get it working. I have been using it for a few weeks now and has worked perfectly on various Wireless devices that can connect to AD-Hoc Networks.
Here are the steps that I followed:
1. Download rtecdc.bin (rtecdc_bin) on a computer.
2. Rename the file from rtecdc_bin to rtecdc.bin
3. Mount SDCard and copy rtecdc.bin to the root of the SDCard.
4. Open ADB Shell or Terminal (if you want to do it from the phone)
6. Open Market and Install Barnacle
8. Open Barnacle, click Start and enjoy Wifi
cat /sdcard/rtecdc.bin > /system/etc/rtecdc.bin
chmod 755 /system/etc/rtecdc.bin
--> The only settings I changed on Barnacle were the SSID and installed WEP security.
I must also credit Vampirefo
from SDX for providing a guide
for the Moment in which I modified to get it for the Behold 2.
Also special thanks to Nu115u5
for brining Root to the 1.6 Update! You will need to install the rooted kernel to undergo the above procedures. Information can be found on his thread
For those wondering this is working for me with the update coming from T-Mobile.
Edit: If you get a FC from Barnacle make sure you have Wifi disabled on the phone!