Liquid's ROM - loaded 7/28/10 - w/Blueberry Theme
- Installed via Clockwork Recovery
- Had trouble with apps syncing (could be a market problem) but only installed 5 of my apps (and I tried 3 times - went back to a nandroid to make sure google resynced the apps - 1 time using stock theme only, 2 times using the blueberry theme).
- Restored Apps with Titananium Backup. Would not restore all apps. The native Twitter app, WeatherBug, and Shazam for example would not restore and can not be found in the market. Tried Liquid's Market fix and bgill's market fix and still no success. After I installed the fixes, I noticed that SetCPU and Titanium were constantly being granted SU permissions (just like with CM 6.0.0 RC1). I think this is tied to the new SU app but don't know why it only started acting up after applying the market fixes.
- Glad to see the "Sapphire Reboot menu" being used in this ROM! Very nice feature!
- VERY SNAPPY with stock kernel (800MHz). Seemed like a 1.0+ kernel in terms of speed in normal usage. Launcher Pro is loaded down, full of apps and widgets and it has been VERY smooth on this ROM
- Secont test on Quadrant with stock kernel - 898 (before SetCPU tweaks)
- Second test on Quadrant with stock kernel - 1126 (after SetCPU tweaks)
- Loaded Jake's 1.2 GHz kernel. Benchmarks are horrible but the ROM is flying! Benchmarks aren't always the best indicator
Short Test in SetCPU was averaging around 120 (low was 107!).
- Loaded Jake's 1.0 GHz kernel thinking that the benchmarks were so low due to stability (although I had zero FC's or reboots). No Dice, Quadrant doesn't seem to like Jake's kernels. Short Test in SetCPU was averaging around 150) Impressive considering it's a 1.0GHz Kernel)
- Loaded the recommended P3Droid 1.0GHz LV Kernel and boot animation loaded really slow and then the phone was caught in a boot loop. I then loaded a different P3Droid kernel (one used in the past on countless Froyo ROMs) and everything was very slow and couldn't adjust the speed using SetCPU (the slider bars were grayed out). Very strange but I am happy with Jake's 1.2GHz Kernel at this time.
Market issues are indeed a problem but DO NOT CONSIDER THIS A 2nd RATE ROM! After a couple of tweaks for the issues noted above, this will be a major contender for my ROM of choice! Battery life seems to be good (not great...but not bad either). Blueberry theme is REALLY BLUE but looks fantastic and is prevelant throughout the ROM. Not just a couple of themed apps and a themed status bar...the amount of work put into the theme is very clear
Market issues hurt this release but if those are resolved, it is EASILY a 4 in my book! Looking forward to an updated release