Give the man a prize !
Liqdfire is on the right track......
I am presently unable to reset to factory defaults on this unit. I've not only opened a ticket, but I spoke to someone internally to Augen about the issue.
They are supposedly issuing a patch by this afternoon for a couple of other issues ( one of which I had also run across...unable to download apps from the marketplace, and the amount of available/installed memory wasn't being reported properly ). I was told I'd get some sort of response regarding the factory reset issue today as well.
It helps being local to the company, but hopefully they'll get on this right away.
Besides these issues, I do have some real quips with the unit. The least of which are as follows:
1. Not accelerometer ( i.e. you CANNOT rotate the desktop ). Mucho sadness.
2. Battery life. Even shut off, the battery did NOT enter sleep mode. From a 100% charge at midnight last night, it was already down to 20% as of this morning.
3. Button placements on the back are wonky. They're all together, the labelling is very difficult to see ( and I have good eyesight ), and it's too easy to tap the wrong button.
4. There's NO directional pad ( I'm sorry, but I'm old school, and I have to have my cursors ).
5. There is no brightness control. Oh, the control is there in settings ( well, Spare Parts app ), but it doesn't actually DO anything. There is no software control of the brightness, and there is no brightness dial on the unit.
6. The audio jack is 2.5mm" ( but in their defense, they're offering a 2.5 to 3.5 converter jack for free to owners, and will ship with built-in 3.5mm jacks in the future ).
7. Includes a simulated Baseband. This means that the board actually has some sort of support for a 3G ( presumably ) radio, but is not attached, and therefore, the build simulates it. This is evidenced by the fac tthat despite there being no radio there's an "E" icon on the notification bar, along with an "R" icon with 4 bars ( This being presumably being the simulated radio ).
8. There is NO haptic (vibration) feedback, though the selection is there in the settings menus. Key presses will only include visual cues, or in case you turn on sound feedback, you'll get the familiar click-clack sound.
On the positive side ( You knew there had to be )
ROOT !!! This thing comes with ROOT enabled out of the BOX !
ADB will immediately immediately recognize the device ( 0123456789ABCDEF is it's ID ).
As I hear/find out more...I'll post it here.