View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #64 (permalink)
colnago

Device(s): - T-Mobile Defy on AT&T 850/3G, or on T-Mo - AT&T Galaxy Note on AT&T - T-Mobile Gal Tab 7.0 Plus on
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Interesting. So you are saying that when I put the account up on my droid, when it syncs, only 1 month of the 3 yrs of data I have on the server will come over?

I don't remember how the default POP3 client works, but with K-9 Mail, if you scroll down to the last message in your inbox, and there is an area where you can press that says, "Load up to x more messages". You can define different amounts of messages to pull down at one time...right now, 100 is the max, but you can keep going with it, eventually pulling down your entire message store. It may not fit all your 5G, but until we can get the phone to start moving message stores to the storage card (Dec. 11th update?) I'd keep checking your storage levels as you import additional messages.

K-9 Mail will give you many more options in managing your POP/IMAP account, and doesn't seem to suffer from random sync issues. You will however have to confirm you "all" of your account/folder/phone sync settings, to make sure its working the way you want.