View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #67 (permalink)
ParadingLunatic

Device(s): Moto Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
So assuming your IT has your activesync access enabled, you have 4 pieces of vital info your device needs.
1. User name
2. Password
3. domain
4. server address

Using touchdown your login id could combine domain and user name: domain\username
After making sure that piece is correct, check your connection settings and try toggling it to exchange 2003..then activesync if that doesn't work.
Also I'm guessing this is the case for Touchdown as well, for "Exchange Server" under the standard Droid exchange/corporate/activesync config or "server address", make sure you're using the fully qualified domain name/web address for your webmail server.

For example, lets say my domain at work is called "Foo.local" and my username is jsmith but the address to access my webmail from home would be webmail.foo.com. So in the standard Droid configuration I would plug it in like this
Domain\Username=Foo.local\jsmith
Password=(whatever my password is to login to my computer at work)
Exchange Server = webmail.foo.com

Also our webmail server requires SSL connections (https). If yours requires it (which Exchange 2007 does) be sure to check the SSL connection and also the accept any certificate box. Hopefully this helps everyone. The first time I tried to connect to my email with the Droid I took the "Exchange Server" too literally and put in the actual mail server name. Yeah, that would never work.