Thread: Accessory Screen Protector?
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:56 AM   #94 (permalink)
Silverexpress

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumaki View Post
Got my Clearfreak screen protector today.

It has some kind of cut defect on the bottom, looks like someone cut with a dull xacto or something. When the phone is off, it looks weird, textured, and like it will distort the picture, but when the phone comes on everything is clear. The glue leaves no residue (so far?) and it sticks well. My only complaint is that while on the phone, the proximity sensor has trouble knowing when i'm not holding the phone up to my ear anymore.

I like it, but I can't 100% recommend it unless they send me another one that is properly cut/sized.
I got my clearfreak yesterday. I am not 100% satisfied. Your right it has a textured look to it, and I've noticed that it has also affected the capacitive response of the screen - it's less responsive to my touches.
The material is more like a piece of flimsy clear vinyl. The cut is not very accurrate. The only thing I like about it is that it does not show streaks or greasy marks. The Boxwave crystal clear protector beats this thing hands down in all areas except streaks. I'm going to try Box-waves anti-glare next.

I can't believe Boxwave has already produced screen protectors for the Droid! Then again it has a larger market share than the Moment. Guess I'll have to wait a bit more.

Jose (aka 2smart4phone)
Last edited by Silverexpress; November 20th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.