View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
subroutines

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
I really wanted K9 to work for me, as I, too come from Blackberry and am very disappointed in email lag on my new DX. However, my biggest need is for syncing a OWA account for work, and I could not make this work despite over 20 variations of setup. My POP emails were no problem, but I don't have a pressing need for fast email on those accounts.

Any experts in setting up OWA accounts on K9?
See this link:
K9MailAndExchange - k9mail - Advice on how to configure K-9 Mail to work with Exchange - Project Hosting on Google Code

I am in the same boat as well with Droid X. If you have the Droid X, it is probably best to use the stock app that comes with it. Go to the Messaging app and create a Corporate Sync. Or if you want the best, according to several reviews, use TouchDown (some say it is closer to a Blackberry experience that you can get).

With K-9, I have had luck in interfacing with one of my OWA account (2003) but with 2007, I am only able to receive email but not send them.

Overall, if you are going to use K-9 for Exchange you may have luck depending on how your company has configured it and it may require a lot of trial and error with the setting. If you are using K-9 for personal email accounts or accounts that you have access to configuration, then it is decent choice. The other alternative to K-9 is MailDroid, which is better and less of a power drain.