View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #511 (permalink)
RgnKjnVA

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrifeJester View Post
The thing I think you are missing is that you pay for device data which is generally smaller. Using your phone as a modem is different its not what the device was intended for and they have stand alone devices for that such as the mifi hotspot or other dedicated cards. I agree you should be able to tether and there are plenty of ways to do it without paying the extra but for all intents and purposes you are using the phone as a modem and can chew up the data you would normally use in a matter of minutes instead of days this way. My average data usage is under 500MB on my phone, my consumption on my netbook with WWAN is well over 3GB a month when i use it heavily.
I suppose but I stream music a lot on my Droid (sidebar: WHEN will XiiaLive come up with a widget worth installing?!) so I'm typically close to 3G per month. What's it to Verizon? They offered Unlimited, I pay for unlimited, damn it I want unlimited so I would hope they have a better justification than data usage. Furthermore, my apologies if I'm one of the chumps making VZ rethink this Unlimited Data Plan stuff. heh heh