View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2010, 01:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
robo21
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SII Titanium & Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by llblwskydrgn View Post
Thanks robo21, I'm guessing the tmo case is my best bet for a case right now?
I was about to put that amzer case into my amazon shopping cart until I read your review.
Do you have a review and/or pictures of the tmobile case?
Definitely, the Tmobile case is more substantial and protective than the flimsy Amzer case which barely wraps around the face of the phone. Plus the Amzer looks clunky at the corners whereas the Tmo case is sleeker and more symetrical. The Tmo case is made of noticeably thicker material along the sides but feels sleeker due to the absence of the clunky corners of the Amzer. I've had the Tmobile case for a week, when I saw and felt the fit and the limited protective capabilities of the Amzer I called my wife in, she laughed and said, "What the hell!?"

Per your request I shot and uploaded some comparison shots, sorry I was in a hurry so the scale is a bit off from one to the next but you will get the idea.

Tmobile:

Amzer:

Here is another review which also echos my thoughts about the Amzer (he gave 2 stars):
Quote:
I bought this case to provide my shiny new handset with some grip and protection. I ordered direct from Amzer because Amazon's shipping projection at the time was between 1 and 3 months and I didn't want to wait. Coming out of its packaging the case feels nice enough, but as another reviewer stated, and I can now confirm, the case fits too loosely. I was expecting to have to pull or tug one or more corners of the case to fit my phone in, but the phone just drops right in with no effort needed. This is not a good thing, and it doesn't inspire confidence that the case is securely holding the phone. So, what did Amzer get right? The cutouts for the camera, speaker, micro USB, and a couple of others are perfectly aligned. I have no problem sliding the micro USB cover through the cutout. I like the added thickness of the material around the corners and back too. It's a rugged, almost armored look, that's a stark contrast to the sleekness of the device sans case. Preferences on the aesthetic will widely differ, but I like the look. Let's see... what else? They could have raised the material on the power switch and volume rocker a little more to provide the user with better tactile clues about their positions. Amzer got some of the design right, but all in all this case is too loose, it doesn't fit the phone right, and I don't recommend it.
Whereas the Tmobile case does inspire confidence that the phone is pretty much protected, it does fit snugly, and does have raised "buttons" to indicate the power and volume rockers making them easier to locate.
I hope this helps.
Last edited by robo21; August 11th, 2010 at 01:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to robo21 For This Useful Post:
llblwskydrgn (August 11th, 2010)