Thread: IMAP settings
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
rick12
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid Mini Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: Not Provided

Default IMAP settings

I'm having a problem with where my email program on my Eris puts Sent email.

I just set up a non-Gmail IMAP account on my Eris (Android 2.1). I set it up under the Mail tab where I already had a couple of POP3 accounts.

In Outlook on my computer, it shows the Sent, Drafts, and Deleted folders as under Inbox (I'm told that's because an IMAP server cannot have other folders on it). I had to specify that Sent folder to hold sent email in the options box (until I did that, it completely disappeared).

On my phone, however, the account was set up with two sets of folders: one with just the names of the folders (Trash, Sent, Outbox, etc.), the other with INBOX: in front of each name (e.g. INBOX:Sent).

The problem comes when I send mail from my phone. If I send it on the computer, the sent mail goes to the Sent folder under Inbox. On my phone, however, it gets sent to the Sent folder, not the INBOX:Sent folder. That means that, while I can see that mail if I go to the Sent folder on my phone, it does not show up on my computer in the Sent folder under Inbox. It's nowhere to be found.

So, how do I get the phone to put the sent email in INBOX:Sent so I can also see it on my computer?