View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
armarra

Device(s): Just Xperia X10 ( root access) - suits me fine. love the combination of slim device yet a big scree
Carrier: Not Provided

yep
Cool location of "|"

Quote:
Originally Posted by simis View Post
Thanks for the info, it was just the thing that i needed. I have rooted my phone, installed busybox, it took me all day, because I am a Android novice, but now I am enjoing all the new Linux commands. There is just one thing that bothers me, my keyboard doesnt have a "|" key.

To find the "|" key just use the shift key on the soft keyboard when the numbers are shown. You will then find it on the top left of the keyboard beside the < > keys.

I have a rooted xperia running 1.6 with R2Ba024 build. works well..

using busybox and note that the --help after the command name brings up the help.

fun playing with the commands and have installed "scripter" which lets me store and run scripts and also to read them in from a typed hardcopy using the camera if I also install a scanner app. So if someone hands you a script or you see a lot of commands on a website, you can read them in using scripter without typing them in..then edit as you like. Have not used this part yet.

would be curious to find how to change the prompt to include the path. I have forgotten..think it had something to do with editing a .profile file or something.
Last edited by armarra; August 16th, 2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: remembered .profile file as answer to my question. but need more detail.