View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
metal2000

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdoc158 View Post
I can't get K9 to delete my emails from the Gmail server at all. Menu>more>Settings>Account Settings>When I delete a message is set to delete from server. Am I missing something?
Same problem here. I've spent a week searching online, and trying tons of different workarounds, and I just can't get K-9 to delete e-mails so that when I load up the ol' POP retrieval in Outlook, it doesn't download. And honestly, it may not be a K-9 bug at all, but a Gmail one.

At first I thought it was because the deleted messages were being thrown into the [IMAP]/Trash "folder" (which isn't really a folder at all, but a Label) rather than the regular mail trash. Through a bunch of extra workarounds, I managed to successfully remove items from this folder/label directly from K-9. But even then, the messages were still downloading with Outlook.

It seems the ONLY way to delete a message so that it won't download in Outlook is to do so directly from the browser version of Gmail. (Well, when I was using my Blackberry for e-mail, "delete from server" worked fine with this.)

Perhaps I'm going to have to manually set up Gmail as a POP account with K-9. I'd really just like to be able to delete unimportant messages completely from my phone without having to load up the browser or download them to Outlook first.