View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Andy2010

Device(s): Why can't I su - ? Oops my phone got no root!
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by hldnitdwn View Post
I just finished speaking with Rogers Tech Support. They expect to release the 1.6 update in late December. He mentioned to keep checking the following:

www.htcwiki.com
www.rogers.com/techsupport
www.htc.com/ca - then click on support....yadda yadda...you'll find the way

The representative maintains that Rogers performs some serious testing that other carriers do not prior to firmware updates being released. He mentioned something about Blackberrys heating up in Japan and not in Canada.....

I logged a complaint with him and encourage others to do so as well. We'll get it someday....don't hold your breath though....

Don't get fooled by the Tech support, they have no access to whatsoever regards about the firmware update. They said the same thing to me in the beginning of Oct. You need to bring the matter to higher level management. Believe me, if everyone are writing to the Office of the president. That may help alot. I was thinking maybe we should we should report to the business bureau for not getting the service we paid for or like what mjschmidt said ..

Quote:
Maybe we also need to embarrass them by letting Canadian tech writers know what's going on (although it has to come from more than one of us for them to take notice).
Last edited by Andy2010; November 26th, 2009 at 04:57 PM.