View Single Post
Old November 27th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
andretoscano
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Hero
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi!
Well, glad I'm not alone in this. I get that feeling exactly. Not sure if this phone is going to change my life, but it's certainly making a bit happier.

I read your User Guide, it was actually the first thing I did before I even registered. Congratulations!
That's where I saw the entry regarding the Camera Zoom FX.
Isn't there a way to get that app? I'm not suggesting a cracked app or anything, I would be willing to pay. But how difficult could it be for the coders to have a zipped version for download on their website, so I could hook up the Hero to my Mac and transfer the app to the right folder? I just don't understand this exclusivity with the Market application. It's convenient, I get it, but frustrating right now...

This phone will be almost perfect for me if that Zoom FX can make the camera better (as everyone says it does). If I want to make excellent portraits or artsy-fartsy pictures, I'll use my big camera. But having a good camera phone is very convenient. I don't carry my big camera around most days, but my phone is usually the first (and the last, at least for a few weeks) thing I see every day. My phone is always with me (apart from baths and other bodily cleansing routines, of course).
So it actually makes sense to have a good phone camera, post decent pictures to Facebook, etc.

Do you reckon that this closeness to a paid market is enforced by the phone being in a different geographically country? Or was it "locked" in some way even before it hit the stores? I mean, if I decide to spend a few days vacations in another country, would the Market app detect it as a "countryman phone" and open up the Market to paid applications? (can I sense another weird kind of tourism being born? Androidism?)

Thanks for your help.