View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
mjschmidt

Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus S, Asus Transformer Prime, HTC Magic, Moto Flipout, HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter136 View Post
Also don't forget, the phone may have been out of date when you bought it, but may not have been when it was introduced. Big difference, and a case in which the mistake is that of the purchaser not doing their homework.
It pisses me off when I see this. Yeah, you're pissing me off now. (Do you work for Rogers?)

People DID do their homework.

When the Dream and Magic debuted at Rogers, people like us looked online and understood that Android would be like a PC OS that would be updated, and that phones could, and would, be updated. So it was expected this would happen.

Now, before you stupidly accuse us of assuming something, many of us ASKED customer reps in Rogers stores, demos, and via customer service if the Magic and Dream would be updated to 1.6, and we were specifically told IT WOULD BE!

So if a company lies to you, and tells you it will get something, you buy it believing it will get it.

There were many examples of people being thusly mislead. I tested it TWICE in the run up to Xmas 2009 by going in to a Rogers store and a Best Buy both selling the Magic and asking if it would be updated to 1.6. In both cases i was told it would be.

I even sent the information about those stores to RogersMary so she could investigate why people were being lied too.

You need to get your facts straight.

Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to mjschmidt For This Useful Post:
mor10 (August 24th, 2010)