View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Redflea
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Droid2, Rooted Tweaked Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by efdisaster View Post
When I was in the Verizon store, so it must've been shortly after the Welcome to Android store. The rep handed it to me to enter my Google account info and it gave me some options ... something about sharing data with google (maybe statistical) and then I believe there was something about syncing. I've only seen it the one time, haven't done a hard reset myself, and the Verizon rep must've done it for me the first time. Something was different, though, because this time around, the setting in contacts to only show those with phone numbers wasn't checked off and maybe my first rep was just overzealous cause she also set up the email app with my gmail info, and that wasn't done this time... which is fine with me, the gmail app suits my needs.
OK, thanks...that's the normal sync setting, nothing new there.

Must be an intermittent bug w/their backup/restore process...pretty hard to tell what causes this discrepancy between those who get their apps restored and those who don't.

What I REALLY wish they'd save is the free apps I've downloaded...wish they would save that info!