View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
AmazonAnnie

Device(s): Samsung Captivate, Nexus S, LG Eve - Rooted & Running OpenEtna (2.2 Froyo)
Carrier: Not Provided

Default No Support for Win '7

I was reinstalling the updater on my new laptop and was having troubles... so I dashed off a note to LG asking what the problem was. The answer was:

"Unfortunately the current software does not support Windows 7 and as such you cannot update the phone from your PC."

...er no Windows 7? Keep up with the times LG! I too am losing my enthusiasm for my Eve.

Quote:
The OS feels clunky, the touch buttons for home and back are too sensitive, the battery life is terrible, and it still crashes, and hangs, even after the official update.
I've fixed the battery problems by installing a system killer and can go for many days without having to charge (I don't use data and bluetooth or wifi only occasionally). I'm used to the home buttons and rarely mis-cue. I've had to pull the battery maybe 3 times over the past 5 months. It works fine for me for what I want at this point in time but I will be looking at another manufacturer for my next Android.

I'm afraid to expose myself to the new ones 'cause I'll want one but can't afford one at this time. I've got an HTC Touch that I'm thinking of rooting for fun and would like to try the Eve but I'd hate to brick it at this point.