View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:36 PM   #40 (permalink)
mjschmidt

Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus S, Asus Transformer Prime, HTC Magic, Moto Flipout, HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Update: Spoke with Sherri from the "office of the president". She claims to have spoken with someone in "Tier-2" support, but need to follow up with them and guarantees she will call me back within 2 business days. She does not promise a date for the update, but will try to find out what the intention is for the update (are they working on it, etc).

I indicated we were very upset that other carriers have had this update out for multiple months now, and Rogers is given the appearance of not even bothering. She told me she was definitely going to look in to it because if the other carriers have had it for a while, she feel someone at Rogers must have "dropped the ball" (her words) and she feels Rogers customers should get what they are owed.

Interestingly, she mentioned that when she was talking to "tier-2" support they went to the HTC web site to look up what updates HTC had. Seriously? You're just now looking at the HTC site to see what updates are available?

I also recommended that, accepting that iPhone and Blackberry currently have a bigger market share, if Rogers is going to keep selling _multiple_ Android phones, then they really need to get up to speed on it. I suggested thay pick a few people in technical support and make them all Android experts. That seems to me to be a no-brainer!

I will update again when/if I hear from her.

Google+