View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #80 (permalink)
true
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S III Debloated SynergyROM (Nightly) R64
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNA View Post
I did this and it worked flawlessly. This is a great thread. I wanted to talk about getting a little more specific when reinstalling apps through Astro. Since a lot of my apps get updates 3 times a week if not more, will I no longer be getting notified that there is an update available in the market ? Will i be able to go to the market manually, look at my downloads and see there is an update available? Or will the phone ignore the fact that there is a newer version out in the market ? If so, how can we work around this problem, would we have to uninstall the app (after we restored it), go to market and re-install it officially to get back update notifications?

Its important to me because a lot of the games I play are always being worked on, updated, levels added, etc.
JuniorNA,

you are correct in that you will not be receiving updates through the Market if you reinstall the apps from Astro as a backup file. Going to the Market after a backup install will not relink the application.

what i would suggest is, since youre already losing the information on your apps, just erase them with the update and reinstall from the Market. dont even bother with backing them up.

uninstalling the app after reinstalling it as a backup is counterintuitive.
just skip that step and reinstall straight from the market.

some users have been using an app called "AppBrain." i have no experience with this app so i wouldnt know its functions. it might be able to relink the applications somehow, but as far as i know apps that are reinstalled from a backup are then considered 3rd party and no longer update.

p.s thanks for the kind words!