View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #479 (permalink)
rumdood

Device(s): Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
I feel the need to come back here and express something that makes me a bit shamefaced.

I had read a bit here and there about the Slayher kernels and the new 'interactive' Scaling method. Of course, I didn't try it - but I just read a post on here where a user said it made a huge difference.

OK, WTH, let me try it.

All of my lagginess has gone away. As in pulled the best harry Houdini I have ever seen with my own two eyes. As in "Wow, I should bottle this stuff up and market it to Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers! I'd be a gazillionaire in 2 days flat!"

Up until now I have been running the stock kernel b/c I simply have not had the time to try out a more powerful kernel - and I was getting frustrated beyond measure at the issues I had with the ROM:

1. Twitter app always forgets my login upon a reboot / battery pull (and I am performing battery pulls not b/c of issues, but because battery drain was rather high, see #2, and so I was physically replacing the battery with a fully charged one).
  2. The battery life has gone to horrid on my phone - I cannot get 6 hours of a day, an this is with advanced profiles in Locale turning things off that I don't need (a first for me since I moved to FroYo).
  3. On every boot, the phone is laggy as HE|_|_!!!!!!

OK, #3 is dead, hopefully #2 will be as well, which leaves me with #1 - and the fix for that is simple - remove the twitter app that comes with the the Smoked theme and install the default Twitter app....

So, all in all, LFY is once again an awesome ROM on my phone.

Now, if I could just get my hands on LFY 1.6.....
Sadly my phone has gotten laggy again over the past few days. I've also noticed that WiFi has gone from a "man I wish that didn't use so much battery" to "Did I even have a battery in there?"

I've pretty much stopped using WiFi altogether.

The lag had seemed to go away after I removed the SetCPU widget from my phone, but then by the end of the day I couldn't launch anything without waiting a good 5 seconds for it to come up.

I'm running the Slayher 1.1 kernel at 1.1GHz, and at times the phone is blazing fast, but others it's just laggy as hell. The delayed phone calls have reappeared as well - even when my screen is active.

I'm going to make a go of removing some apps like the Weather/News that keeps launching, and a few other apps that seem to keep starting for no reason and see if that makes a difference. Right now though I'm really looking forward to 1.6.

*EDIT*

So after removing the GenieWidget, Twitter, and AmazonMP3 (kept launching on its own), I rebooted the phone and it's blindingly fast again. Wondering if it will keep up like this.
Slayher LFY 1.0GHz Kernel
LauncherPro Plus
Last edited by rumdood; August 30th, 2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: update