View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
mjschmidt

Device(s): Nexus 4, Nexus S, Asus Transformer Prime, HTC Magic, Moto Flipout, HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Andy, I would imagine that rather than this rep being incompetent, this is an example of Rogers _Management_ failing their customers, _and_ their employees by launching a new product without; a. understanding the technology/software themselves; and b. giving their customer service and tech support reps proper training.

Ignorance does not equal incompetence or stupidity. Ignorance simply means you haven't been given all the information. I don't know anything about brain surgery, so I am ignorant in that regard.

I hope at the very least some one in management takes some initiative and has some of the customer service and tech reps trained properly on Android to handle all android calls, because they're just going to get more of them the more phones they sell, and so far, they don't seem very prepared.

Edit: looking again at Kathy G's original email to me, and the way certain paragraphs are written (ie. the part about "Open Source" and "buying" apps) I would wager she was copying and pasting from a prepared document given to her by the Marketing dept.

Google+
Last edited by mjschmidt; December 1st, 2009 at 01:06 PM.