View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2009, 11:38 AM   #57 (permalink)
jmccarthy14

Device(s): Droid, iPhone
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceo View Post
A uniform, consistent, reliable UI/environment with supporting hardware is what makes a good user experience. You make the winmo argument, which is tired to me since I was in the winmo environment for over a decade. Although there are actually a lot of things that winmo has that android lacks the UI of Iphone and now Android are burying Winmo and probably soon to be BB. IMO with iPhone being a 100% reference point the Droid hardware wise is 80% there UI and software functionality with Android native maybe 50% with sense and it's core improvements maybe 80%

SOT....Question.... I haven't done the research but knowing that the 3Gs and Droid supposedly have the same proc/GPU why is it that the 3Gs games and graphic intensive apps are incredible and all the android games look like they are ported from winmo?
You're percentages are pretty skeptical -- it seemed even the most dubious of reviewers said it was comparible or "80%" of an iphone, and most said its a viable alternative to people who like more customization and engineer-ability.

That aside, it hasn't been a month yet since the droid, and all the media attention android has recieved. I'm sure there are many, like me, who have just got or are considering getting into android for the holidays, and when we do, we will look for things to improve/tweak. Now that the money is there, give developers time to catch up.

If I find the Alarm Clock sucks, you know what? I have some webdesign/design experience, enough to make a non-sloppy looking one. And my code will be more than sufficient to make it fully featured. So if for no other motivation, I will make one for myself, and release it on the app store, since I can do that at NO cost unlike on my current iPhone. I think there will be many like me.

And worst case, wait for a port of the passion ROM. Then you get the best of both ) android Now and sense later. Just looking at it like this -- if passion comes out months from now, how different will this new marketplace be by then? How many of those unique sense features will have acceptable equivalents out? Will I regret my decision? That's the choice I'm making now.

Your sliding keyboard issue worries me though.