Thread: General Witstech A81-E
View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:37 AM   #45 (permalink)
Martimus
One bite at a time...

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S-5, Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 4,032 Times in 2,410 Posts
martimus98

As seems typical with many of my ideas anymore, I got the brilliant idea tonight to try to upload the new firmware image (0832) on my Witstech A81-E tablet. I formatted a 1gb microSD card and dumped all the necessary files on it, powered down my tablet, connected the AC power adapter, and then attempted to boot it up per the documentation (holding the left volume button and the power button). Nothing happened. I tried holding both buttons down for 15 or 20 seconds and nothing. I then tried to boot the tablet using the power button and that wouldn't work either. I ended up having to pull the battery and replace it to get the tablet to power up.

Since I really don't want to ship this tablet back (or eat the cost of the tablet), does anyone have any ideas how to get this tablet to boot properly so I can upgrade the firmware? Has anyone ever heard of an app that will drop the tablet into it's upgrade mode?

Advice provided comes from fellow Android enthusiasts. We're not tech support. Please do your due dilligence before implementing! And if someone helped you, please share the love with the button...