View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
cabbie
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Hero, HTC EVO4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHWagner View Post
I'm a noob at Rooting also and from my understandings, I can Root my EVO and still keep my stock ROM. I can aswell use Root only Apps like Titanium Back-up or SetCPU without a problem, right?

All I really want to do is keep my Stock ROM and use Root only Apps to improve my battery life. This is very much possible, no problems?

I also would like to know when a new version/update for the EVO comes about, how will this effect my EVO? Will it brick the phone? Do I need to go back to my stock unrooted RUU?
Yes you can. You can have a phone that is 100% stock except that its rooted. And if you are rooted, never accept OTAs, you will lose root. You need to wait for a developer to incorporate the update into the ROM and then you use that to update.

Those are good questions so I'm going to add this to the original post.

I DONT want this to become a troubleshooting thread for issues specific to their phone...this is a resource thread.
Phone Carrier: Sprint ~~ Phone: HTC EVO 4G ~~ Android: 2.2 (Froyo) ~~ Software #: 3.70.651.1 ~~ ROM: FreshEvo 3.5.0.1 ~~ Kernel: One of the various SBC ones ~~ Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19 ~~ PRI 1.90_003 ~~ PRL: 60672
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cabbie For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (September 8th, 2010), justjohn (February 4th, 2011)