View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
summerfish

Device(s): Droid Bionic, Samsung Fascinate, Motorola Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronturn49 View Post
It may be already stated in one of the previous threads, but I was curious as to which button combination do we hold in order to send the Fascinate into recovery mode?
Thanks in advance!
Haven't found it, but I have put it into recovery mode with adb. I have tried different button combinations, but nothing yet.

I did a search and saw this for formatting the Fascinate.
  1. Turn the power off. If your Samsung Fascinate is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
  8. If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Samsung Fascinate. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

I tried this. After doing step 2 & 3, it just got stuck with "Downloading. Do not turn off target."

I'D ADVISE YOU TO NOT DO THIS. IT DOESN'T HURT YOUR PHONE BUT TO GET OUT OF IT YOU MUST REMOVE AND REINSERT THE BATTERY.

Maybe it's also just me because I've done the lag fix and I'm rooted. Maybe it works only on unrooted phones? If someone wants to try?