View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2010, 07:45 AM   #37 (permalink)
fltblkvic

Device(s): LG Ally Froyo-Root-Fastboot running Velocity V1.1 Froyo OC'ed 768Mhz Smartass Governor Motorola Xoo
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via MSN to fltblkvic dixey21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMason View Post
I have no idea what happened but as soon as my phone turned on it went wacko after installing this threw rom manager i acore setupwizard gapps nothing are working they are force closing
I had the same thing happen and what I did was freak out! I just couldn't believe that I did something wrong or that I bricked my phone. i couldn't even remember how to get in to the recovery menu! I posted almost exactly what you did, all the apps and coms that had forced closed. Trident was all over it though and helped me remember what I already knew (press call, menu, and end buttons at the same time). After that I was able to recover to the stock rom (always make a back-up, mine's on a separate sd card), copied the V0.2 to my sd card, went into Rom Manager, reflashed Clockwork Recovery Mod and selected "reboot into Recovery". Once it did I went through and wiped everything, data/facory reset, cache partition, went into advanced and wiped dalvik cache, hell i even wiped the battery stats (just for good measure)! once done I selected reboot recovery, again for good measure, and chose "install zip from sdcard". "Choose zip from sdcard" and selected "velocity_0.2_release.zip". After it installed everything was A-OK!!! I love this rom!!! I think where I screwed up was by trying to do just the Rom Manager install rather than from the recovery menu, mostly because I think it doesn't clear all the data and caches, specifically the dalvik cache, properly. I hope this helps you out because this rom is "awesomazing"!! All I ask is that when you get it up and going toss Trident a bone for all his hard work! The man likes Redbull and no matter where you go, they still want cash for'em! Thank you's are great but they don't buy an awful lot of Redbull these days! I get paid on Friday at about 3 AM (california banking), so you can bet I'm donating at 3:01 AM!! Thank you again Trident for the ROM and for the steadying voice in my time of distress!!
The Following User Says Thank You to fltblkvic For This Useful Post:
wgbeatty (September 15th, 2010)