View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
williamj1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire Current ROM: Redux 2 Test Builds (Gingerbread 2.3.5)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliep View Post
WILLIAMJ1 .. i love you man .. haha .. many thanks for this NOOBS guide , im so much of a noob im not even sure wot the hell noob means , haha but im guessing im probably one of em , worked first time for me no problems at all , ive seen a couple of these posts describing the same kinda of method but i finally got the bottle to try your one last night and like i said i had no problems at all , so thanks again mate ...
just 1 quick question though please if you dont mind ... you know when i had to tick the usb debugging box thingy ... do i have to untick it now or leave as it is ???? i do most of my installing of apps and everything else in disk drive mode when i drag and drop onto sd card via usb cable ... i hope you understand the question .. haha and if you could tell me what NOOB stands for would appreciate that aswell .. haha .. thanks again ...
Lol, thanks

And yes I understand your question I think. You can disable / untick the usb debugging box if you wish. It really makes no difference. Now the process is complete, it won't make any difference now. You can leave it as it is for future use or disable it. It won't move all your apps back. In fact, unticking it now won't do anything at all, nor will leaving it ticked so go ahead.

The only thing is, if you ever want to set it to save all apps by default to the internal memory again, i.e. remove the process then you will just need to tick usb debugging and then do it again setting pm install location to 2. So yes, you can untick it if you wish

And, as far as I know, noob doesn't stand for anything. But the word noob just means the opposite of a pro or expert. I am a noob with android stuff as I switched from apple os crap so I really know very little about android. It was a noobs guide because it was simple, for people who didn't have a clue what they were doing.

Like, I was a total noob at using the other guides as they said "open cmd run promt" and I was like whoa slow down wtf? :P So I made this "noob" guide, for people like me who aren't experts with this techy stuff.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to williamj1 For This Useful Post:
DaniellieeE (August 19th, 2011), muziqlvr (March 24th, 2011), pauliep (September 16th, 2010), regmigrant (September 27th, 2010)