Thread: General Archos 7 Home Tablet
View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
oulzac
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Archos 7 HT
Carrier: Not Provided

Well, I will strike from the record my last post. Now that I have installed a custom rom (firmware/OS how ever you prefer to say it) everything is perfect. Okay, not perfect, but way better than before.

I am still having a few issues with ad-hoc wifi, but everything else is now fixed. I can actually use the official google android marketplace. I am not having programs just randomly close anymore. The audio seems to be a little sharper also, doesn't sound as muffled.

The touch screen is more responsive, keyboard is more accurate. I was able to install some handy apps from the OGAM that corrected a lot of the issues I was having. I must say I am now actually pretty impressed with this device. It's just too bad its not this functional out of box. I could see how a lot of users who don't know how, or wouldn't take the time to change the things required to get it to work would return the product or give it bad reviews. I jumped the gun after all. I had the thing two days, loved it at first, it then turned to crap and I hated it. But at least I love it again

So all I have now is to mess around with getting ad-hoc to work so I can use wifi from my cell phone when out and about and this device will be a perfect little swap out for my 12.1 netbook. This device fits perfectly into a cargo pocket.