Originally Posted by cquinn
Thought icon size was fixed. Mind sharing how you did this and how large is "larger text" ?
OK, here's how I did it.
1) I found the launcher dock background (the circle with the android and the two-tone bar) through the Launcher Pro forum on custom docks and the link to Ardchoille's artwork at his website (Ian's Place | Artwork / Artwork
2) I opened the .png file in Photoshop and added text on top of the dock for each of the other links. I used Agency FB font (native font), bold, all caps, 60 pt for the first letter and 48 pt for the others. Then I changed the text color to match the lightest green color in the android.
3) Added a drop shadow and a slightly darker green stroke (the outline of the words). Saved the file as a .png and uploaded it to my EVO.
4) In Photoshop, I also made a transparent icon (72 x 72 px) with nothing in it and saved that to my EVO icon file.
5) Then I used Launcher Pro to install the dock with the text and added funtionality with a transparent icon over each of the five spots.
Overall, it's kinda a cool concept (not mine originally) and I don't mind the fixed text because these are the five options that I use all the time anyway. I might go back and shrink the font sizes down just a bit. Also, I'm not super crazy about all that green and might play around with other colors.