joined because i was getting so frustrated with the lack of updates and found this forum on google
Originally I had quite a bit of faith in Rogers, but I highly doubt they're actually reviewing 1.6 for release early next year. Not to mention even if they are telling the truth, 2.0 will be out for most android users elsewhere by the time we get 1.6.
My original decision for the Magic actually hinged on the prospects of having a phone that would be consistently updated, so my phone would not be rendered obsolete way before the end of my 3 year contract.
But considering how our phones are pretty much obsolete about 4 months after launch, has anyone tried to get out of their contract penalty free? or gotten Rogers to switch them to one of the other smartphones (BB, Iphone)?