View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
howetechnical
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

howetechnical

Quote:
Originally Posted by diS View Post
Awesome guide mate!

Is it possible to combine 2 widgets?

Because i've got 2 widgets called "Digital Clock Widget" and "BattStatt" but when
I put them below each other they have like a large gap between them.
So I would like to combine them to minimalize the gap between them
It depends on how the layout xml is written. Like Pandora, if it's written where the background is contstrained to a certain size, then you would have to edit the xml. But if not (as is the case with smoothcalendar, vlingo, etc), then you can just make the background image larger. You wouldn't be able to combine them per say, but you may be able to make the background tall enough to go edge-to-edge.

I have the same two widgets, though for my wallpaper, I like the clock without a background. Give it a try and post your results!

FYI: Yesterday I recorded a video tutorial doing this process 5 times, every time the recording application crapped out when compiling everythin (about 8 minutes worth). I tried mostly CamStudio, which really had issues. I finally got the video to compile, then it gave me an error message saying it lost the audio. Anybody know any GOOD screen recording applications that are free for up to 10 minutes of recording?
Beach dwelling Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Samsung Vibrant Drivers Download | Android SDK | How to Modify Widget Backgrounds and Images
The Following User Says Thank You to howetechnical For This Useful Post:
diS (September 18th, 2010)