View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
ALLthawayL1VE

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiboy View Post
I just got a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and I absolutely love it. However I hate Kies. I have been having issues with connecting the phone via USB. After installing Kies, the first time the phone successfully connected and I was able to transfer some music to the phone.

However when I tried to connect the phone a second time I got an error on the phone that the MTP application had crashed and I was forced to close it. After which the phone's screen would flash between the home screen and the MTP application, similar to the following video on Youtube:
YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S PC connecting problem with Samsung Kies

I contacted Samsung support on this issue. They immediately responded back and said that if I was running Windows XP and Media Player 11, I needed to follow some steps to remove Media Player 11. I have attached the instructions to this post

Unfortunately for me I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I responded back with this information and they confirmed that the only work around is to format the internal SD memory card before connecting to the PC. They are working on a firmware update to resolve this issue.

So to connect I have had to do the following:

1. Go to Settings and select the SD Memory option
2. Unmount the internal SD card
3. Format the internal SD card
4. Connect the phone to the PC

Hope this helps people
Your info sucks, I basically deleted everything on my sd card and it still doesnt work so i lost all my saved stuff. thanks