View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #141 (permalink)
PascalS13

Device(s): LG Eve Android 1.5
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Android 1.6

Good evening,

So I just called Rogers tech support again this evening because my voice dialing does not work on my LG Eve. I already know it is because the LG Eve runs on Android 1.5 but I called anyway. (for those who don't know Android 1.5 does not support voice dialing)

We did some testing and nothing worked (obviously).

But one thing surprised me: without me asking, she started talking about Android 1.6 wich instantly caught my attention. She said the main reason why my LG Eve does not have voice dialing is because Android 1.5 does not support it and Rogers is currently working with HTC to release 1.6! (She said that without me asking me anything, remember!) She also said that it should come out some time after the holidays but she couldn't give me a more precise date.

I then asked why it was already released on other wireless providers (like T-Mobile, etc) and she said that it is mainly because Rogers noticed the blatant problems with voice dialing and 1.5 so they really had no choice but to start workin' on 1.6.

Personnaly, I believe her. She really took the time to help me, was really helpful and I believe this information is true.