Originally Posted by A.Nonymous
If there's a "services may change at any time" clause in the contract you may be screwed. When you signed up, they may well have promised you X services for Y dollars a month. However, they reserve the right to change those services. It sounds like they have.
Thanks for replies guys,
Well, when I say they "changed" - I am not taking about any service in relation to provision of Data or voice.
When I signed the contract, my Streak was running android 1.6 and it it had a
(1) Front facing cam
(2) Playback WMV files
(3) Wonderful keyboard with a number pad
(4) Built in photo edit facility
Etc .... I loved all those stuff and thats why I bought Streak
Then O2 and DEll together, updated 1.6 to 2.1 android
following that we the Streakers lost
(1) Front facing cam - disabled by Dell
(2) WMV playback - disabled by dell
(3) Original keyboard taken out - replaced with some useless keyboard
(4) No More photo editing - needs a third party app for this now
and the list goes on and on - so the device I am holding and paying £50+ per month is not the device I bought at the point of signing my contract.