View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #149 (permalink)
GreatBigDog

Device(s): HTC Dream HTC Magic+ SE Xperia X10
Carrier: Not Provided

I finally received an email back from an inquiry that I sent through rogers web site last week.

Quote:
Dear Don Rayner,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your use of online customer service.

To download the new Android 1.6 software please visit the following link and select the drop down menu options that are applicable to your phone: Redirect to the right page

If you require any additional information or services, please do not hesitate to contact us again by replying to this email, or by visiting:
Redirect to the right page
We would be glad to assist you in any manner possible.

We appreciate your business and thank you for using our online services.

For future email correspondence with respect to this e-mail, please quote reference number 42463681

Regards,
Danielle D Rogers Online Customer Service http://www.rogers.com

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Customer Request

The below are the details provided by the user:

E-mail Address : greatbigdog01@xxxxxx.com
Name : Don Rayner
Wireless number xxxxxxxxxx

I first posed this question more than a week ago. I would expect to get an answer back in more timely manner. I want to know when Rogers will have the Android 1.6 update available for the HTC Dream. This update is required to be able to use the new Google Maps Navigation. I'm not talking about the 1.5 upgrade that you already have available so please don't point me to there. This upgrade has been available for a few months now from HTC and if your company has no plans to keep the phone updated I should have been informed of such when I purchased the phone. Would you please give me some sort of response this time.
You can guess where it points me. This is my reply back.

Thank you for your reply, although it's been much more than the 24hrs that was stated when I sent the inquiry. I specifically asked not to be pointed to the 1.5 version that you have already on your site and that's exactly where I was pointed to. My HTC Dream is running Android 1.5 with a build number of 1.86.631. 146733 CL#42949 and unless the PDF document http://downloads.rogers.com/wireless/products/htc/dream/dream_software_update_final.pdf is incorrect it's the same build number that I am currently running which is Android 1.5.

So I ask again please let me know when the 1.6 update will be available.

If you are unable to provide me with an answer could you kindly refer me to someone else in your orginization that may have more information that you have.

Regards,
Don Rayner