View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Slugdoc
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Default OP is back

It's amazing how one can get used to the annoyances...

The calendar widget bug went away. Don't know why.
But the mini calendar widget (the one that just shows tomorrows stuff) is buggy too. It often shows an event as tomorrow, when it is two days away. The REMINDER is tomorrow, but the widget lists it as if the event is tomorrow.

(I am on a IRL computer right now. It is sick how much faster I can type on a real laptop keyboard than on the ERIS -- not a complaint, just observation).

The telephone contacts things is still very annoying. In several ways --

First -- what I was originally noting was not the behavior described above. Rather it is the really stupid fact that all hundred or so of the business listings I had put into my blackberry (which were subsequently synced to google, and then auto-imported into the ERIS), are ALL LISTED AS UNKNOWN!!

Wow, I hate that. They all had company name entries -- these apparently turned into "Organization" listings, and the Phone app only shows NAMES, not ORGANIZATIONS.

So, I have like a hundred "Unkown" listings, with just the phone number showing, down in the contacts portion of the Phone app screen.

OK. I don't like using the "telephone keypad equivalent" to find a contacts name. Scrolling through the list is not an option, mainly for the reasons above. You SHOULD be able to hit the magnifying glass and search the contacts. Instead you get the stupid Quick Tip. Stupid.
So, if I want to call someone who is not one my favorites, or shortcuts, or express dial, or recent calls, I generally have to hit menu, or home, open People, find the contact, open the contact, then click on the number to dial.
Wow. Poor functionality.

Still like the phone, though.