View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #48 (permalink)
williamj1
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC Desire Current ROM: Redux 2 Test Builds (Gingerbread 2.3.5)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter7769 View Post
I dont understand this, i have removed apps2sd, i had 42mb left on the internal phone memory, i downloaded google earth, it went onto the internal memory(thought it should have gone on straight to the sd card??), that left me showing 22 mb, i then transfered it to the sd card yet my internal memory is still showing 22mb, Does anyone have any ideas what im doing wrong, i followed the above guide to the letter and all the icons etc that should have come up did, so i guess that part went all to plan, yet this is baffling me??

Pete
Yup it all just depends on the app. Some may insist on being storied on internal memory only such as google maps, others automatically go to internal but can be moved like you say and others (most) have no preference about where they are stored so once this method is applied will just go onto sd card from the beginning. But anyway, despite all this, you can't always move absolutely everything onto the sd. Some apps even once installed on the SD still need to store some data on internal. I'm no expert, but I don't think you can avoid this. I don't know why it happens either but it does.

So, you haven't done the process wrong or anything, its just that not all 100% of apps can go onto sd card (but this is a very rare few apps) , but most can, and some even with this process applied won't go there by default - you just have to manually move them. Most however, will move there by default.

Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to williamj1 For This Useful Post:
peter7769 (September 24th, 2010)