Thread: Aria update!
View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Mythic

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmburns View Post
Since I updated the ROM on my Aria last week my phone tries to check for updates every time I turn the phone on. First comes a "My Account Update, checking for new software now" screen, followed by an "Error, Server Unavailable" screen (kind of like my PC checking with Windows Update when I turn my computer on, but that works...this doesn't).

ATT said I needed a new SIM card, but that didn't do anything. HTC says I need to replace my phone. I'm wondering whether this is a new program built into the new ROM that will allow ATT to do OTA updates, but which isn't functional yet (and, if so, there's nothing wrong with my phone).

Does anyone have a clue what's happening to my phone and whether I need to replace it or just wait for ATT to get their act together??

there is nothing wrong with the phone... everyone has the same error message... the server for OTA isn't up and running yet... there is nothing wrong with the sim... every one i have talked to in other forums are getting the same thing... just give it some time and the server will be up... hopefully to push out Froyo... (fingers crossed)