View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2010, 02:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
CrashGordon

Device(s): HTC EVO (mine) Samsung Epic (wife's)
Carrier: Not Provided

In my experience, customer service at Best Buy is all about who you're talking to. When I initially ordered my EVO, they put me on the list and gave me a rain check. The guy told me no more than 2 weeks. When I got home, I had an e-mail telling me that indeed I had a rain check for the item and I'd be contacted by phone and e-mail when my EVO arrived. Over three weeks later, I dropped by Best Buy and asked what was up with the EVO's. The lady who was working replied she got a few in that day if I wanted one. I said I did, but I also wanted to know why I wasn't contacted regarding the one they were supposedly holding for me. She had no answer, but apologized repeatedly for the error. She was a champ and got me set up and out the door. About 2 weeks later, I got another e-mail telling me that since I hadn't responded to my rain check, it was being canceled.

My wife has had to return her Epic twice and both times Best Buy has taken it no questions asked (though both were still within the 30 day purchase window).

As far as the protection plans, always remember that the store wouldn't sell them if they didn't make money off of them. Since you're the one paying for it, guess who they're making that money off of. Combine that with the one Geek Squad experience I've had and that's the one area of Best Buy that I avoid at all cost.