View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #59 (permalink)
chrlswltrs
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 1,785 Times in 1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskaa View Post
Hi there,
I need some help with Tasker. I'd appreciate any advice on getting these 2 profiles/tasks to work.

I want my Home profile to:
1) enable Wifi when i'm near my SSID - got this done.
2) disable K9 syncing -
I tried to kill app K9, but that doesn't seem to work.
I also tried to disable auto-sync, and that didn't seem to work either.
I downloaded a K9 Data Killer widget, and could enable this...but i don't know how?

Not sure how to do it, what I do know is that on Froyo you can not kill any apps anymore, we are all disappointed by that. Also auto-sync is for your Gmail accounts (gmail, contacts, calendar, etc). I am completely unfamiliar with K9 because I have my other accounts forward my mail to Gmail so I only use the Gmail app.

Any ideas? I just don't need my email to sync when i'm at home.

2) I set up a Driving Task Widget that
a) loads app Custom Car Home
b) waits 15 second and takes a call on speakerphone, if the phone rings

What i need to do is one of two things:
1) enable Safereader on Vlingo or
2) enable Driving Mode (on my Samsung Vibrant,this is under Menu/Settings/TexttoSpeech/Driving Mode)

I am not familiar with Vlingo at all, there is another app that will read everything for you that works with tasker, I forget the name of it though. I will try to find it tomorrow. I am also not familiar with the Vibrant but there may be something in the audio tasks??

Any help on these would be great.

I have one last question (for now). Under 3rd party apps -there are 4 available apps available...how does one add other apps to this?

You can not. It has to be enabled by the app developer. If there is a particular app that you would like supported by tasker the best you can do is email the developer of that app and let them know.

Thanks in advance,

riskaa
I know that wasn't too helpful, but I'll try to get you some more info tomorrow
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775